“We have been very impressed by Darkhorse’s ability to translate our design programme into a stunning design that perfectly symbolises our vision. We really appreciated their creativity, imagination and flexibility – organised, easy to communicate with, proactive and reactive – thank you.”
Director of Planning and Partnerships
Tourism is vitally important to the economy of the Lake District, and we were charged with bringing this key exhibition, at England’s largest National Park, to life. The exhibition has a storybook theme and layout that explains how the Lake District was formed.
We created floor to ceiling displays with three dimensional elements to generate an ‘experience’ for visitors, and used strategic placement of promotional literature for targeted revenue generation.
The brief was to produce content for a family-friendly exhibition with a clear engaging narrative that would enable people to understand and appreciate the heritage of the National Park.
The project required that we:
- Undertake research of the Lake District National Park, to interpret both the natural and cultural heritage stories
- Production of a thematic framework for telling the stories, including producing a central theme, sub themes and storylines
- Research and source high resolution images for use on graphic panels
- Produce interpretive text for use on the graphic panels
- Research and clear copyright restrictions on images